I’ve gone a little crazy over the last couple of weeks buying Kaffe Fassett Fabric online. Thank God I can still buy fabric in isolation.
First off, a friend of mine that I’ve never met in person posted a photo on Facebook of a bag she made and it included Kaffe’s red Uzbekistan fabric. I’ve never seen it in a store and really wanted some of it. So my friend sent me a link to buy some!!! And I bought it in a couple other color ways. Look at how amazing that red is!!!
If course, I have no idea what I’m going to use it for, but I feel better knowing that I have a couple of yards of it.
I also found these fabrics that are also missing from my stash… until now.
Roman glass and paper weight are some of my favorite Kaffe fabrics. I can’t get enough of them, and I do use them a lot. And again… no concrete plan for these fabrics.
Then I bought two quilt backs. I don’t have quilt tops for these. But I found a decent deal on these. I’ve wanted to make a grey Kaffe quilt and I love that shields fabric. And I LOVE the yellow feathers. I’ve wanted to base a quilt on the colors in this fabric. I bought a smaller piece of the turquoise Guinea flower because it’s so amazing!
I have 50 masks in progress. Some are batiks, but the larger number are out of KFC fabrics. I like having them on hand and the bunch that I made earlier have all been given away. I gave some to people at work, to neighbors, and to friends. These are all ready to sew the fronts to the linings.
All those white pieces are the linings for the KFC masks. I’m using up a piece of white on white that I bought a number of years ago and had never used. It works well for this purpose.
Here’s some of the KFC fabrics I’m using. They all came from my scrap pile.
I dug into my stash the other day and found some fun fabric that I had no plans for and decided to make a couple of masks for myself. Here’s a blog post about this mask, and it includes a pdf of the pattern.
You get a little bonus sneak peek of my crumb quilt in the background! I have the top half of it done, and the bottom four rows are sewn. I just need to sew the rows together. I just may have this done tomorrow night! I’m really loving how it looks, and I’m loving how easily it’s going together.
Can’t wait to get it done and move onto my next UFO to finish up.