This thing went together crazy fast once I got everything where I wanted it.
I assembled each row as I finshed the blocks for that row, and then attached row to row as I went. So once I finished the last block, I only had a couple of long seams to sew.
Things I learned while making this quilt: If I make this again, I’ll use more fabrics. While the selection of fabrics looks good to me, it was a little tough to get it all laid out without getting clumps of color or same fabrics right next to each other.
Here’s some closer photos that show the fabrics better.
Here’s a list of the fabrics I used in this quilt:
Kaffe’s Antwerp Flowers in green
Kaffe’s Paisley Jungle in Tangerine
Kaffe’s Persian Garden in orange
Philip Jacobs Feathers in Green
Philip Jacobs Coleus in Turquois
Kaffe’s Lotus Leaf in Purple
Philip Jacobs Geodes in Yellow
Philip Jacobs Dancing Dahlias in Red
Philip Jacobs Poppy Garden in Red
Philip Jacobs Feathers in Yellow
The white with black spots background is a batik that I bought years ago. I don’t know who made it and I’ve never seen it since.