I’m on a bit of a greeting card jag. I’ve made 45 4×5 1/2 inch cards in the last few days.
I had purchased these blank cards a few years ago thinking I would paint some designs on them. I lost interest in that project pretty quickly so I had a lot of cards left over — two packages of 80 cards each!
I did paint a few cards initially, b ut not very many and I have around 80 cards left. I’ll probably make a few more of these. I plan to package them in sets and give some as gifts and probably sell a few.
I just love the way these KFC fabrics cut up into smaller pieces. Each card is unique.
It’s interesting to see how each fabric looks so different on different colors of cards.
I love that spiral shells fabric in that color way. It gives me chills!
And this coleus. Ooh. It’s like a cold and deep lake!
These cards are really quick and easy to make. I’m using up scraps and am adhering the fabric to the cards using Heat and Bond. I cut the fabric so that I’ll have a 1/4 inch border on each card. So if the card is 4×5, I cut the fabric to 3.5×4.5. I had purchased the medium weight Heat and Bond to make my sea glass wall hanging. I thought it was too thick and stiff for that project so purchased some light weight. This is a good way to use that up.
The final thing I did during my vacation was to organize and clean my sewing room. My neighbor is moving and has been getting rid of a lot of stuff. I’ve snagged a couple of storage pieces that helped in this organization project.
I’ve been wanting to clean out the closet in this room for a long time. It’s been full of boxes that I brought here when I moved 11.5 years ago. It’s been bothering me that I haven’t been able to use that closet for my sewing supplies.
So when my neighbor offered me a large stainless steal shelf unit, I jumped on it. I moved some stuff from a smaller shelf in the garage and put it on this larger shelf and got some other stuff up off the garage floor. That freed up the smaller garage shelf so that is now holding all of these boxes …
The next thing I snagged from my neighbor was an Ikea stacked wire drawer unit. And then I moved the same smaller unit from the closet in my guest room.
These drawer units are holding quilt tops, all my interfacing products, some blocks for quilts that are in progress, and some sets of fabrics that I’ve set aside for eventual quilts.
With this closet freed up I’ve been able to get a lot of stuff up off the floor and off the counter tops.
I also cleaned off my sewing table, my chest of drawers and my cutting table. Here are some before and after photos…
This chest of drawers is full of fabric. Mostly KFC fabrics. It feels so good to have all that crap put away!
Here’s the sewing table and cutting table.
M cutting table is a stainless steel restaurant counter. It was such a great buy. I’ve gotten so much use out of that. The bins underneath hold mostly batiks, with a couple bins of Aboriginal fabrics and some odds and ends.
It feels so good to have this room cleaned and organized. I actually feel like I want to be in there.
After two weeks of vacation, the boys are wondering why we’re spending so much time at home. We joined some friends in Oregon City last night for some dog agility and saw this amazing sunset!
Facebook reminded me yesterday that Bender was freaking cute when he was five months old!
I’m so glad it’s the weekend. Tomorrow, my plan is to move my office from the guest bedroom to the dining room. I need a different view as I work so I’m going to give this set up a try.